There are 2 weeks left to see the Living Library exhibition at the History of Science Collections on the 5th floor. Consider taking a break to view the exhibit! Galleries in this exhibit include:
- Ancient astronomy, including the first published edition of Ptolemy’s Almagest.
- Egypt, including a star map from the ancient temple of Dendera.
- China, including the memoirs of Matteo Ricci and the first map of China published in Europe.
- Medicine and the life sciences, including a 16th-century study of body ornamentation and an 18th-century guide to midwifery and family medicine.
- Charles Darwin, including an autographed letter.
- Technology, including a photograph of Thomas Edison in the scrapbook of his daughter’s wedding.
- Bonus: several display cases have been recently added, featuring treasures from the history of Geology
Interactive iPad exhibit guides are offered for self-tours. Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and noon to 4 on Saturdays.