An exhibit featuring the U.S. Constitution is available at the Bizzell Memorial Library in celebration of Constitution Day. Library faculty have compiled a resource listing of materials to observe the occasion and promote the study of the Constitution which includes selected books from the University Libraries’ collections, articles of general interest, and government documents available from the 4th floor (Bizzell) Government Documents Collections and the internet
On September 17, 1787, the delegates to the Constitutional Convention met for the last time to sign the document they had created. On December 8th, 2004, President George W. Bush signed a bill which designates every September 17th as Constitution Day (Public Law 108-447).
- Amar, Akhil Reed. America's constitution : a biography. NY: Random House, 2005.
KF 4541 .A87 2005
- Beeman, Richard, Stephen Botein, and Edward C. Carter II. Beyond Confederation; Origins of the Constitution and American National Identity. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1987.
E 303 .B49 1987
- Berkin, Carol. A Brilliant Solution: Inventing the American Constitution. NY: Harcourt, 2002.
E 303 .B 47 2002
- Bodenhamer, J. and James W. Ely, Jr. The Bill of Rights in Modern America. Bloomington, IN: Indiana University Press, 2008.
KF 4550 .A2 B49 2008
- Busch, Andrew. The Constitution on the Campaign Trail: The Surprising Political Career of America’s Founding Document. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2007.
KF 4552 .B87 2007
- Ceaser, James W. Designing a Polity: America's Constitution in Theory and Practice. MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2011.
JK 31 .C43 2011
- Charleton, James H., Robert G. Ferris, Mary C. Ryan, eds. Framers of the Constitution. Washington, DC: National Archives and Records Administration, 1986.
E 302.5 .F73 1986
- Cogan, Neil H., ed. The Complete Bill of Rights: The Drafts, Debates, Sources, and Origins. NY: Oxford University Press, 1997.
KF 4744 1997
- Dahl, Robert Alan. How Democratic is the American Constitution? New Haven, CN: Yale Nota Bene/Yale University Press, 2001.
KF 4550 .D34 2003
- Edling, Max. A Revolution in Favor of Government Origins of the U.S. Constitution and the Making of the American State. New York: Oxford University Press, 2003.
KF 4541 .E28 2003
- Gibson, Alan Ray. Interpreting the Founding: Guide to the Enduring Debates Over the Origins and Foundations of the American Republic. Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas, 2006.
KF 4541 .G53 2006
- Lynch, Joseph M. Negotiating the Constitution: The Earliest Debates Over Original Intent. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press, 1999.
KF 4510 .L96 1999
- Morton, Joseph. Shapers of the Great Debate on the Constitutional Convention of 1787: A Biographical Dictionary. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2006.
E 303 .M887 1985
- Murphy, Walter F. Constitutional Democracy: Creating and Maintaining a Just Political Order. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2007.
JC 423 .M83 2007
- Newman, Roger K., ed. The Constitution and its Amendments. NY: Macmillan Reference USA, 1999.
KF 4557 .C66 1999 V. 1-4
- Rakove, Jack N. The Annotated U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Cambridge, Mass.: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, 2009.
KF 4527 .A56 2009
- Robertson, David Brian. The Constitution and America's destiny. NY: Cambridge University Press, 2005.
KF 4541 .R63 2005
- Shain, Barry Alan. The Nature of Rights at the American Founding and Beyond. Charlottesville, VA: University of Virginia Press, 2007.
KF 4541 .N38 2007
- Slauter, Eric. The State as a Work of Art: The Cultural Origins of the Constitution. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2009.
KF 4550 .S78 2010
- Strauss, David A. The Living Constitution. Oxford [England]; New York: Oxford University Press, 2010.
KF 4550 .S78 2010
- Urofsky, Melvin I. A March of Liberty: A Constitutional History of the United States. NY: Oxford University Press, 2011.
KF 4541 .U76 2011
- 1791-1991 The Bill of Rights and Beyond. GPO, D.C.: 1991. Y 3.B47/2: 2 B49/6
- The American Solution Origins of the United States Constitution. GPO, D.C.: 1987. LC 1.2:Am 3/13
- This Constitution Our Enduring Legacy. CQ, D.C.: 1986. KF 4541.T45 1986 cop.2
- The Constitution of the United States of America. GPO: D.C., 2003. Y 1.1/7:108-95
- The Constitution of the United States of American Analysis and Interpretation. GPO,D.C.: 1996 Y 1.1/2: Serial 14152
- CQ's Guide to the U.S. Constitution: History, Text, Glossary, Index. CQ, D.C., 1986. KF 4528.5 .M57 1986 cop.2
- The Framing of the Federal Constitution. GPO: D.C., 1986. KF 4520 .M67 1986
- Our American Government 2000. GPO, D.C: 2000. Y 1.1/7:106-216