Group Study Rooms
There are fifteen study rooms available in Bizzell Memorial Library that students may reserve for group study. Six of these rooms are located on the west end of the 3rd floor, eight are located in the Peggy V. Helmerich Collaborative Learning Center on Lower Level 1, and one room is located on the west end of Lower Level 2.
Reserving a Room
- Rooms located in the Helmerich Collaborative Learning Center (HCLC) can be reserved two ways:
- In person reservations up to 12 hours ahead of current time can be made by using the Crestron wall panels' “ad-hoc” meeting function.
- Online reservations can be made up to a week ahead of current time using an exchange meeting room request. For more information, view the following video on room reservation request using exchange.
- Please note that all group study rooms in the HCLC are named as follows: BLLL108A BLLL108B, BLLL108C, BLLL108D, BLLL108E, BLLL108G, BLLL108J, BLLL108L.
- 3rd floor and Lower Level 2 group study rooms can be reserved at the circulation desk until 10 p.m. of the night before the desired meeting day. Students can fill in their names during time slots that are open or reserve in advance.
- All rooms must be reserved to be used.
- Only OU students have group study room privileges.
- There is a two-hour limit per user on reservation blocks.
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- All open rooms are unlocked, and available on a first-come-first-served basis, although:
- Groups take precedence over individuals.
- Technology users (i.e. those needing a TV display) take precedence over non-users.