The OK-Share Library Card System allows system-wide reciprocal borrowing privileges amongst the participating institutions of higher education in Oklahoma.
Each OK-Share institution sets its own lending policy; the type of material available, length of loan time and renewal limits will vary from institution to institution.
Participating Libraries in the OK-Share System
OK-Share Participating Libraries
Obtaining an OK-Share Card for OU Faculty, Staff, and Students
- To get an OK-Share card from OU, present your OU id at the Circulation Desk at Bizzell Memorial Library.
- This card, as well as your OU id or driver's license must be presented at the OK-Share library you wish to borrow materials from.
- If you cannot return items directly to the lending library, please return them to Bizzell Memorial library. At least a week should be allowed to return items to the lending library. Patrons are responsible for fines incurred at lending libraries.
Returning OK-Share Books
If the user cannot return books directly to the lending library, they are encouraged to return them to the Interlibrary Loan department at their home institution for return. It should be noted that the user is responsible for the books until they are returned to the lending institution. Adequate time should be allowed by the user for their library to return the items. Patrons should also be aware that libraries may limit returns during busy mailing times.
OU Libraries' Policy for Borrowers from Other OK-Share Institutions
- Loan period is 30 days.
- One renewal is allowed on material.
- Limit of five items may be checked out by any individual at one time.
- OK-Share borrowers must renew their cards every six months.
- This policy does not apply to the OU Law Library.