If you are having trouble logging into the libraries website, use the following information to help troubleshoot access issues.
- You must have a current Norman Campus OUNetID, commonly called a 4x4.
- Visit the libraries website on a computer, laptop, or mobile device.
- The login button is located under the top banner and search box.
Username or Password Doesn't Work
- Verify that you are using the correct 4x4 by logging into accounts.ou.edu. If you cannot log into this system, contact OU IT for account assistance.
- If you are new to OU and do not know your 4x4, go to the New Account Setup page maintained by OU IT.
- If you have recently changed your password, it can take up to 48 hours for those changes to be recognized by the website. Contact the Web Development Team for help refreshing your account.
OUNet ID (4x4) Has Changed
- Your 4x4 might change if you take a leave of absence and then return to OU, if you change from an undergraduate to a graduate student, or for other reasons. If you suspect your 4x4 has changed, contact OU IT for account assistance.
- If your 4x4 has changed since the last time you logged into the site, please contact us with the correct 4x4 and we will update your account.
Your Account is Locked From Too Many Failed Attempts
- If the authentication system is down across campus, it can fail to log you in - even with the correct username and password.
- Trying too many times may lock your account.
- Contact the Web Development Team to unlock your account.
Your IP Has Been Blocked
- This is a rare error that usually only happens if the authentication system is down for some reason.
- Reporting this to the Web Development Team as early as possible will help us troubleshoot the issue.
- We may not be able to unblock the IP until we address the issue with the system itself.
- Contact the Web Development Team to report this kind of error.
If this still doesn't help contact the Web Development Team. The following information helps:
- Were you on campus or off when you tried to log in.
- What page were you on when you tried to log in, or what steps did you take before you got the error message.
- Can you send a screenshot of the error message or type out what it said.
- What browser and operating system were you using.