- Topic Selection
- Researching appropriate data
- Organizing and refining information
- Outlining main points
- Source citation
- Presentation delivery
- Visual aids (e.g. PowerPoint, graphics, posters, etc.)
Presentation Consultations @ the Learning Lab is designed to support in-person as well as virtual consultations.
- In-person consultations will be located in Room LL121E on Lower Level 1 in Bizzell Memorial Library.
- Virtual consultations will be scheduled as Zoom meetings.
Mondays: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Thursdays: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
If the opening hours do not work with your schedule, please email the presentation coaches to schedule an appointment outside Presentation Consultations @ the Learning Lab's opening hours.
What to Expect
Presentation Consultations @ the Learning Lab offers personalized instruction to students, faculty, or staff experiencing communication apprehension or "stage fright" as well as help with overall presentation design and organization. Presentation coaches work one-on-one or with groups within the University of Oklahoma community from the initial brainstorming all the way through practice delivering presentations.
How to Prepare
Before you come to your appointment, here are some things you can bring to make it as efficient and helpful as possible:
- Fill out this preparation worksheet prior to your consultation.
- Bring your "rough drafts" (including PowerPoint, Prezi, videos, etc.). Feel free to email everything to one of the coaches beforehand!
- Any questions or concerns regarding your presentation (such as organization, visual aids, grammar, body language, tackling nerves)
- Bring any applicable rubrics or guidelines
- Groups are welcome!
Magen Bednar is the Head of Bizzell User Services for OU Libraries. She specializes in presentation design. Magen will help you create organized, creative, and readable visualizations for your presentations.
Ashley Smith is the Student Success & Engagement Librarian for OU Libraries. She specializes in presentation delivery. Ashley can help you become more confident in delivery and answering questions.