University of Oklahoma Archives
The University Archives contain the history of the University. Many types of resources may be found in the University Archives, including:
- Presidential Papers (includes correspondence and administrative papers from each university president)
- Departmental Papers (history of a department, program changes)
- Publications (newspapers, magazines, newsletters, programs)
- College Archives (records at the college level)
- Administrative Units Archives (various academic units and administrative unit records)
How to Find University Archives Resources
Search Discover Local for University Archives resources:
- Type "University of Oklahoma Archives" in the first box
- Use the facets under "Tweak my results" select "Archives" from the "Resource Type" drop-down menu, then press the search button
- Narrow the "Library" to "Western History Collections" to further narrow to collections within the University Archives.
These additional resources can prove valuable guides for specific aspects of university history. These materials are available for use in the Reading Room.
- University General Catalogs
- University Directory
- University Yearbooks: the Mistletoe and the Sooner
Newspapers and Publications
Many additional departmental and other university-related publications may be found by searching the University Archives.