SHAREOK is the joint institutional repository for the University of Oklahoma Libraries (OU), Oklahoma State University Libraries (OSU), and the University of Central Oklahoma Max Chambers Library (UCO). It serves as the home for the intellectual output of those institutions and houses digital theses and dissertations, faculty publications, open access publications, open educational resources, institution-specific content, and much more.
To read about the policies that guide the use of the University of Oklahoma sub-communities and collections in SHAREOK, please visit SHAREOK Institutional Repository: OU Policies and Guidelines.
Upload Your Work to SHAREOK
There are two ways to get items into SHAREOK. Pick the one that works best for you:
1) Self-Deposit: Click on the "Upload Your Work to SHAREOK" heading above, and then select the "Login" link under the "My Account" heading down the left side. Log in using your 4x4. Follow the instructions in the SHAREOK Quick Guide. This is the fastest option. After a quick review by OU Library staff, your item will be visible in SHAREOK within 24-hours.
2) Mediated Deposit: This option takes longer but may be useful if you have a number of items to upload or if you simply don’t have time to self-deposit. Email Scholarly Communications, and we will upload your item(s) for you, as long as you provide us with some necessary information. We will ensure you are uploading the allowable version, and we will work with you to secure permissions (if necessary), explain licensing, and create metadata.
Benefits of Depositing in SHAREOK
- provides open access to the research and creative activity done at OU
- creates global visibility and showcases OU’s scholarly research and creative activity
- stores and preserves other digital assets from OU stakeholders, including unpublished or otherwise easily lost “gray” literature
- allows the OU community to share the scholarly content they wish to share, such as slide decks, articles, teaching and learning materials, syllabi, etc.
- assists OU scholars in complying with grant-funded mandates to make research and creative outputs openly available
- helps ensure the long-term preservation of research and creative outputs done at OU
There are over 3700 similar repositories around the world, and one of the things that makes them powerful is their interoperability, interconnectedness, and the protocols they use to make content discoverable by Google, Google Scholar, SHARE, DPLA, Unpaywall, Open Access Button, and others. This means that people don’t have to come to SHAREOK to discover your work; they simply have to use a search engine. The items you deposit in SHAREOK become more discoverable, and more discoverable often means more citable.
Go to SHAREOK
Explore the work contributed to SHAREOK by OU faculty, students, and staff.
Go to SHAREOK's home page to see all of the content in SHAREOK.