The library Lost and Found area is maintained by Library Security. All found items are logged in and stored in locked cabinets, with the exception of books. All departments in Bizzell should turn lost items in at the main circulation desk. Security staff will make reasonable efforts to locate the owners of items. Items are sent to the central Facilities Management Lost and Found the at the first of the month with the following exceptions:
- Key rings that include university keys are sent to Facilities Management Work Authorization, (405) 325-6593, after holding for 24 hours.
- Items that identify the owner (identification cards, wallets, prescriptions, etc.): Security will attempt to contact the individual named on the card. Unclaimed property will go to Facilities Management Lost and Found at the first of the month; unclaimed prescriptions will be taken at the first of the month to OUPD for disposal.
- Weapons and controlled substances are turned over to OUPD immediately.
- Canned food products are taken to the Universities food pantry at the first of the month; perishables are disposed of immediately.
- Items contaminated by human or animal waste or body fluids, or otherwise appearing to be a hazardous material, are the responsibility of the Occupational and Environmental Safety Services Office at (405) 325-5147.
A person claiming an item must be able to describe it accurately and will need to present an ID if the item has a name on it. After 30 days, we discard items that Facilities Management will not accept (e.g. student consumer goods, non-University keys, and anything else we judge unlikely to be claimed).
Contact library lost and found by email or by phone at (405) 325-3341.