Any alumnus of the University can purchase an Alumni Association Membership card for a variable annual membership fee at the Alumni Office.
Retirees will receive an OU retiree card that can be used to check out books and other services at OU Libraries.
Your Alumni card allows book checkout privileges. Present your alumnus card and a photo ID at the main circulation desk at Bizzell Memorial Library or any branch library to borrow based on the alumni policy below. Your alumni card is good for one year unless you have purchased a life-time membership, and you are subject to the same fines as students.
- Alumni: 30 books for 30 days, with 5 renewals.
OU retiree can checkout books using their OU retiree card and the checkout period will be the same as the OU status.
- Faculty: 150 books for 1 year, with 1 year renewal
- Staff: 150 books for 60 days, with 5 renewals
OU Libraries databases and other electronic materials are licensed for active Norman campus users. To adhere to these licensing agreements, we do not provide access to off-campus alumni or OU retirees. This means that you will not be able to log into the libraries' website without an active 4x4.
However, you may apply for a temporary guest ID to use these databases at the computers located in Bizzell Memorial Library or any of the branch libraries.
Computer Labs & Lending Technology
- Visitors without a 4x4 can request a temporary guest ID to access the computers in Bizzell Memorial Library's Loveridge Computer Lab or any of the branch libraries.
- Retirees and Alumni with a 4x4 can log into the libraries' physical computers and lending technology.