Scholarly Communication & Collection Management furthers the Libraries' mission by promoting and supporting all aspects of scholarly communication, the process whereby scholars at all levels, undergraduates through faculty, learn, create and share their knowledge with the academic community and the broader public. The division also manages the technical processes involved in preserving and making scholarly resources available to the academic community and beyond.
Units in Scholarly Communication & Collection Management
- Acquisitions acquires and processes payments for materials selected for the Libraries’ collections in all formats, as well as maintaining access to electronic resources.
- Collection Management oversees the selection, acquisition, and disposition of the Libraries' physical and electronic collections located in Bizzell Memorial Library, the branch libraries, and storage.
- Description & Access processes and makes accessible print and electronic materials via Discover Local.
- Open Initiatives & Scholarly Communication provides advocacy, information, programs, and services designed to increase information access, equity, and inclusion.
- Storage & Delivery shelves and stores library materials in University Libraries’ facilities, on-campus and in remote locations, as well as overseeing interlibrary loan and on-campus document delivery services.